I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
In [Year], [Founder’s Name] established [Company Name] with the vision to be a leading winery in the [Location] area. He spent years developing his land with the help of his three sons and daughter. Currently, it grows and bottles red, white, rosé and sparkling wines.
Known for its traditional way of crafting wine, [Company name] ensures that there is very minimal intervention in the winemaking process to ensure the authentic flavor of its products. Aiming to reach the larger national market, [Company name] continues to grow in areas such as marketing, distribution, brand development, research and development and premium bulk wine contracts.
[Company Name] grows and bottles the following kinds of wine:
- Red Wine
- White Wine
- Rosé Wine
- Sparkling Wine
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents who live within a 20 mile radius of our winery and workers within a quarter mile radius. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 65,800 residents
- 2,000 workers (who do not live the neighborhood)
- Average income of $84,600
- 48% married
- 51% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 35 years
We will also target restaurants, hotels and grocery stores to set-up wholesale accounts.
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s name] who has been in the wine-making business for [x] years. In his long experience in the industry, he acquired an in-depth knowledge of the ins and outs of starting a winery business before he started [Company name].
[Founder] graduated from the University of ABC where he majored in Business and received a certificate in agriculture.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There is currently no winery in the community we are entering. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to purchase our wines when launched.
- Our wines will be produce with the utmost integrity with no artificial processes or additives, making for a superior product
- The management team has a track record of success in the winery business.
- The winery business has proven to be a successful business in the United States.
[Company Name] is seeking a total funding of $520,000 to launch its winery. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures, manpower costs, marketing expenses and working capital.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: $250,000
- Working capital: $120,000 to pay for Marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$62,455||$881,858||$1,063,023||$1,295,091||$1,556,772|
|Income Tax Expense||$21,859||$308,650||$372,058||$453,282||$544,870|