I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] located at [insert location here] is a new sandwich shop that provides healthy sandwiches, paninis and prepared salads. The sandwich menu includes cold subs, hot pressed sandwiches and modern interpretations of classics. Other offerings include homemade salads, such as Egg Salad, Chicken Salad and Tuna Salad.
The shop will bake all of its bread on site, daily and all sandwich toppings will be organic and sourced locally.
Below is [Company Name]’s initial menu categories:
- Cold Subs
- Hot Sandwiches
- Daily specials
- Homemade salads
- Side Items- Chips, fries and pasta salad
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents who live within a 10-mile radius of our sandwich shop and workers within a one mile radius. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 71,362 residents
- 1,420 workers (who do not live the neighborhood)
- Average income of $65,000
- 52% married
- 48% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 33 years
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s name] who has been in the food service business for [x] years. In her tenure in the food industry, she acquired an in-depth knowledge of restaurant operations and marketing. [Founder] graduated from the University of ABC where she majored in Business and received a certificate in food service management.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There are currently no sandwich shops in the community that offer the quality and selection that we do. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to frequent our business when launched.
- Our location is in a high-volume traffic area and will thus be highly convenient to a significant number of passersby each day.
- The management team has a track record of success in the restaurant business.
- The sandwich shop business has proven to be a successful business in the United States.
[Company Name] is seeking a total funding of $230,000 to launch its shop. The capital will be used for the following:
- Restaurant design/build and equipment: $100,000
- Working capital: $130,000 to pay for Marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Topline projections over the next five years are as follows: