I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a travel agency that offers U.S. and international travel packages for travel enthusiasts living and working in [Location]. It offers a wide selection of travel services for top national and international cities, island getaways and small, hidden gem vacation spots.
Founded by best friends, [Founder 1] and [Founder 2], who love to travel, [Company name] was established by true travel enthusiasts with a deep passion for travel. It aims to satisfy the travel needs of any traveler and aspires to have travel packages for trips to North America, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Pacific Islands.
Below is [Company Name]’s initial offerings:
- U.S. Travel Packages
- International Travel Packages
- Sightseeing and Food exploration packages
- Luxury Travel
- Group and Solo Packages
[Company Name] will primarily serve residents who live in [Location]. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 92,500 residents
- 32,863 children
- Average income of $86,500
- 69% married
- 54% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 33 years
[Founder 1] will serve as the overall head of the business. He has a degree in Business Management from [University] with years of previous experiences in managing businesses. [Founder 2] is a graduate of [University] with a degree in Accounting. He has been working for big accounting firms and banks in the city and will serve as the company’s accountant.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed for the following reasons:
- There is currently no other travel agency in the community we are entering that offers such a wide variety of travel packages
- Our vacation packages are highly customized and customer-centric to ensure satisfaction
- Travel Itineraries are crafted based on personal experiences to ensure authenticity
- The management team has a track record of success in the business
- Travel agencies are a proven, successful business concept in the U.S.
[Company Name] is seeking total funding of $350,000 to launch. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures, salary, marketing expenses and working capital.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Travel related expenses: $115,000
- Design/build: approximately $85,000
- Working capital: approximately $150,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$62,455||$881,858||$1,063,023||$1,295,091||$1,556,772|
|Income Tax Expense||$21,859||$308,650||$372,058||$453,282||$544,870|