Spa Business Plan & Example
If you want to start a spa business or expand your current spa, you need a business plan.
The following spa business plan template gives you the key elements to include in a winning spa business plan. It can be used to create a day spa business plan, or business plans for health and wellness spas, beauty spas and/or hotel spas.
Spa Business Plan Template & Example
Below are links to each of the key sections of your spa business plan:
- Executive Summary – In the Executive Summary, you will provide an overview of your spa business plan. This is where you will describe your business, your spa services and/or products, your target market, and how you plan to succeed.
- Company Overview – In this section of your business plan, you will provide an overview of your company’s legal structure, ownership, history, and location. You will also describe your company’s mission statement and growth strategy.
- Industry Analysis – In this section of your business plan, you will conduct a thorough industry analysis. You will describe the spa industry, its size, growth rate, trends, and major players. You will also analyze your target market and describe your competition.
- Customer Analysis – In this section of your business plan, you will describe your target customer. You will define your target clients by geographic location, demographics, psychographics, and behavior.
- Competitive Analysis – In this section of your business plan, you will describe your competition. You will identify your competitors by name, location, and size. You will also describe their spa services and/or products, pricing, marketing, and distribution channels.
- Marketing Plan – In the Marketing Plan section of your business plan, you will describe your marketing strategy using the 4 P’s of marketing: product, price, place, and promotion.
- Operations Plan – In the Operations Plan section of your business plan, you will describe your business’s physical location, facilities, and equipment. You will also describe your production process, including your procedures for quality control.
- Management Team – In this section of your business plan, you will describe your management team. You will include the bios of your executive team, your board of directors, and/or your advisory board.
- Financial Plan – In the Financial Plan section of your business plan, you will provide an overview of your company’s financials. This will include your pro forma income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement.
On the next several pages, you will find spa business plan examples of each essential section listed above.