I. Executive Summary
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located at [insert location here] is a new, independent book store focused on staff curated book selections. The cozy bookstore offers a book club, author events and children’s story hour.
Products and Services
[Company Name]will offer a wide selection of books including children’s literature, modern fiction, true crime, cook books, foreign language titles and art books. The store will also feature monthly author events and weekly children’s story time. Gift wrapping service will be provided and gift certificates will be sold to encourage customers to buy for the children of friends and family members.
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents who live within a 10- mile radius of our store. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 416,000 residents
- 1,750 workers (who do not live the neighborhood)
- Average income of $54,700
- 38.9% married
- 49.6% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 34 years
[Company Name]is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the book business for 20 years. While [Founder] has never run a book store himself, he was assistant manager at another book store previously. As such [Founder] has an in-depth knowledge of the book business including the operations side (e.g., running day-to-day operations) and the business management side (e.g., staffing, marketing, etc.).
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed for the following reasons:
- There is currently no independent book store in the community we are entering. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to frequent our business when launched.
- Our location is in a high-volume area with little direct traffic, and will thus be highly convenient to significant numbers of passersby each day.
- The management team has a track record of success in the book business.
- The book store business is a proven business and has succeeded in communities throughout the United States.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $330,000 to launch. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: $165,000
- Working capital: $165,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and land costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even.
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Income Tax Expense||$0||$111,055||$148,822||$189,118||$233,647|
|Number of locations||1||1||1||1||1|
|Number of purchases||10,800||23,328||25,194||27,210||29,387|