II. Company Overview
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Who is [Company Name]?
[Company Name] is a yoga studio based in [Location], with a mission to enhance the lives of its students. It is strategically located in a commercial complex in [Location], not too far from the city but distant enough to be an ideal sanctuary to pause, relax, and be in touch with nature.
The company believes that in order to change the world, one must create positive changes within one’s self. Therefore, its team is committed to guiding students to mind-body wellness, one class at a time, by teaching strength, flexibility, balance, focus, and mindfulness in day-to-day activities.
The instructors at [Company Name] are driven by passion and are highly-qualified and experienced. They genuinely care for their students and offer both nurturing and challenging classes intended to inspire them to live in the present and to the fullest.
[Company Name] also strives to be an inclusive community so its doors are open to people regardless of age, faith, gender, color, or size. It also offers classes for people interested in trying yoga for the first time.
[Company Name]’s History
[Company name] was founded by [Founder’s Name], a fitness instructor based in [Location]. She began her career in [xxxx], earning her fitness trainer certification from [School] and working at [gym name] for [x] years. She became interested in yoga in [year]. Having found a deep sense of peace with the progressive practices of yoga, she decided to start her own yoga studio two years after. After surveying the local population and confirming the demand for a mid-price yoga option, [Founder’s name] founded [company name].
Since incorporation, the company has achieved the following milestones:
- Found a studio location and signed Letter of Intent to lease it
- Developed the company’s name, logo and website
- Hired an interior designer for the studio’s decor and layout
- Determined equipment and fixture requirements
- Began recruiting key employees with experience in yoga and yoga instruction
[Company Name]’s Products/Services
Here are the services that [Company name] offers to its consumers:
- Restorative: Focuses on slowing the body down to relax, heal, and recover.
- Pranayama and Meditation: A quick class that teaches breathing techniques to strengthen the lungs and core, and cultivate feelings of calmness.
- Pilates: A well-rounded workout that moves the spine and muscles in all directions.
- Pre-natal: A class that supports the mother as she goes through changes that come with pregnancy.
- Post-natal: An enjoyable class for moms 4-6 weeks after birth; it helps tone the body after delivery.
- Kids yoga: A class for 3-12 years old that helps children to build confidence, develop physical coordination, and learn relevant skills in a calming environment.
The classes at [Company Name] are available both in-person and online.