I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a yoga studio based in [Location], with a mission to enhance the lives of its students. It is strategically located in a commercial complex in [Location], not too far from the city but distant enough to be an ideal sanctuary to pause, relax, and be in touch with nature.
The company believes that in order to change the world, one must create positive changes within one’s self. Therefore, its team is committed to guiding students to mind-body wellness, one class at a time, by teaching strength, flexibility, balance, focus, and mindfulness in day-to-day activities.
The instructors at [Company Name] are driven by passion and are highly-qualified and experienced. They genuinely care for their students and offer both nurturing and challenging classes intended to inspire them to live in the present and to the fullest.
[Company Name] also strives to be an inclusive community so its offerings appeal to first-time Yogies as well as experienced participants.
Here are the services that [Company name] offers to its consumers:
- Restorative: Focuses on slowing the body down to relax, heal, and recover.
- Pranayama and Meditation: A quick class that teaches breathing techniques to strengthen the lungs and core, and cultivate feelings of calmness.
- Pilates: A well-rounded workout that moves the spine and muscles in all directions.
- Pre-natal: A class that supports the mother as she goes through changes that comes with pregnancy.
- Post-natal: An enjoyable class for moms 4-6 weeks after birth; it helps tone the body after delivery.
- Kids yoga: A class for 3-12 years old that helps children to build confidence, develop physical coordination, and learn relevant skills in a calming environment.
The classes at [Company Name] are available both in-person and online.
[Company Name] will primarily serve residents of the city. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 304,000 residents
- 189,651 workers
- Average income of $52,000
- 40% married
- 36% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 38 years
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name] who is an athlete and a Business Management graduate. She worked in the fitness industry as a gym instructor for 10 years before she discovered her passion for yoga.
Alongside [Founder’s Name] is a fellow yoga teacher with a background in Business and Accounting who will be her right-hand in managing the business. This assistant director wiill be trained extensively on the business operations so that she will be able to handle the business seamlessly when [Founder’s Name] is out of town.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- The Company will fill a specific market niche in the growing community we are entering. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to attend at least one class once the studio is launched.
- Our location has easy access from multiple residential and commercial districts.
- The management team has a track record of success in the fitness business.
- Yoga classes are popular, and have enjoyed significant success in communities across the United States.
- Local competitors leave a large gap in the market—there are low-cost providers ($20-30/month), and an ultra-luxury options ($120+/month), but nothing in between.
[Company Name] is seeking total funding of $230,000 to launch its studio. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures and location build-out, hiring initial employees, marketing expenses and working capital.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: $110,000
- Working capital: $120,000 to pay for Marketing, salaries, and other operating costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Income Tax Expense||$13,344||$19,409||$52,349||$83,334||$114,128|