I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Trucking Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] offers transportation services throughout the U.S. With a total of [x] trucks ranging from light to heavy, [Company Name] can meet any transportation need and works with small to large sized businesses. Timeliness, security, and cost-efficiency are the main driving factors for the success of [Company Name]. Through advanced technology, all transactions and deliveries are monitored to make sure that there are no delays or damages on the goods that are being transported. Every delivery is handled with the highest form of professionalism by a responsible and well-trained crew that strives to provide the best service and experience to every client.
[Company Name] will be able to provide local and long-distance transportation services:
- General Freight
- Refrigerated Freight
- Dry Bulk Freight
- Bulk Liquids
[Company Name] will primarily serve manufacturers and distributors within the U.S. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 300,000 manufacturing businesses
- 400,000 wholesale businesses
- 1.1 million retail businesses
[Company Name] is headed by its founder, [Founder’s Name] who graduated from [University] with a degree in Business Administration. Prior to starting [Company Name], [Founder’s Name] worked as an operations manager at a freight logistics company [x] years where he was able to learn the ins and outs of the transportation industry. This experience will be the company’s most valuable asset.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed for the following reasons:
- [Company Name] will fill a specific market niche in the growing manufacturing and wholesale industries.
- In addition, we have surveyed the target market and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to make use of our services when launched.
- The U.S. has a robust business environment with a large number of businesses needing transportation services like ours
- The management team has a track record of success in the trucking services business.
[Company Name] is seeking a total funding of $230,000 of debt capital to open its trucking business. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures and location build-out, hiring initial employees, marketing expenses and working capital.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Headquarters design/build: $90,000
- Working capital: $140,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Topline projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$63,291||$661,962||$866,694||$1,112,661||$1,394,972|
|Income Tax Expense||$22,152||$231,687||$303,343||$389,431||$488,240|