I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located at [insert location here] is a brand-new, upscale day spa focusing on providing high-quality, full-service beauty care to the surrounding community. Our product and service lines fit nicely with the prevailing tastes and preferences of the local area – middle class suburbanites want quality beauty care, but don’t want to pay luxury prices for it.
Products and Services
[Company Name]will provide beauty services for all ages and both genders. Services will include massage, facials,and hair removal (waxing and threading). All manner of special treatments will be available—including specialty massages and facial treatments.
In addition to providing these services, [Company name] will also be a retailer of exclusive beauty care products. Customers will find products at [Company name] that they won’t find in grocery stores.
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents within a 5 mile radius of our location. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 27,827 residents
- Average income of $74,700
- 58.9% married
- 49.6% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 38 years
In addition to this prime adult demographic for an upscale day spa, there are two large high schools and four middle schools in the area. Students, particularly girls, from these schools will be sure to patronize [Company Name] for special occasions.
[Company Name]is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the beauty care business for 20 years. While [Founder] has never run a day spa himself, she has been a masseuse since age 15 and spent most of her adult life working as a masseuse at spas and salons.As such [Founder] has an in-depth knowledge of the day spa business including the operations side (e.g., running day-to-day operations) and the business management side (e.g., staffing, marketing, etc.).
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- The Company will fill a specific market niche in the growing community we are entering. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to frequent our business when launched.
- Our location is in a high-volume area with easy access from multiple residential and commercial district zones.
- The management team has a track record of success in the salon and spa business.
- The upscale day spa business is a proven business and has succeeded in communities throughout the United States.
- Local competitors leave a large gap in the day spa market—there are low-cost providers ($30-50 for a facial), and an ultra-luxury beauty salon ($120+), but nothing in between.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $260,000 to launch. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: $140,000
- Working capital: $120,000 to pay for Marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Topline projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Income Tax Expense||$0||$0||$17,104||$29,103||$44,719|
|Net Profit Margin||-||10%||10%||9%||12%|