I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a farm in [Location], focusing on supplying high-quality microgreens. The Company will cultivate and retail a variety of microgreens of different varieties to restaurants, hotels, supermarkets, and retailers. The microgreens farm will make use of a hydroponic system for vertical farming, to maximize growing space. The Company has secured 5 acres of land with an existing greenhouse from which to launch their commercial microgreens farm.
[Company Name] will be involved in cultivating various microgreens from the following plant families:
- Brassicaceae family: Cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, watercress, radish and arugula
- Asteraceae family: Lettuce, endive, chicory and radicchio
- Apiaceae family: Dill, carrot, fennel and celery
- Amaranthaceae family: swiss chard, beet and spinach
- Legumes like chickpeas, beans and lentils
[Company Name] will serve the community of [company location]. The Company will primarily offer its products to restaurants and specialty grocers. The complete market segmentation of the microgreens farming business will be:
- Retail customers
- Grocery stores
[Company Name] will be solely owned and operated by [Founder’s Name], who has been in the farming business for many years. [Founder’s name] has a degree in agriculture from ABC University and has been engaged in progressive farming for the last [x] years. He has an immense interest in new farming techniques, and has the capital needed to start the business.
[Company Name] is qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There is a growing demand for microgreens in the community. In addition, the company surveyed the local population and received highly positive feedback pointing towards an explicit and robust demand for microgreens, and an intention to frequent the business after launch.
- The Company has the latest microgreens farming system and equipment to help it cultivate crops in commercial quantities with less stress.
- The management team has a track record of success in agriculture.
- Market trends such as increased demand for functional food with increased nutritional value will drive the microgreens market. Also, microgreens are in great demand from chefs in both trendy and high-end restaurants.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $300,000 to start a standard microgreens commercial farm business. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Land purchase: $150,000
- Vertical grow build-out: $100,000
- Salaries: $50,000
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|