II. Company Overview
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Who is [Company Name]?
[Company Name], located in [insert location here], is a new commercial microgreens farm, focusing on providing a variety of nutrition-rich microgreens. The farm will use a vertical system of growing microgreens that maximizes yield while efficiently controlling important cultivation factors such as levels of light and shade, irrigation, fertilizer, and humidity.
The Company’s primary service includes the cultivation of different varieties of microgreens. It will provide its products to end consumers as well as retail establishments such as grocery stores and restaurants. The Company will also operate a farm stand to cater to the needs of direct consumers.
[Company Name]’s History
[Founder’s Name] is an educated grower with an immense interest in new farming techniques. He has been studying and implementing progressive farming techniques for the last [x] years. [Company Name] will become a highly respected farm in [Location], offering a range of microgreens.
Upon surveying the local customer base and finding the ideal location, [Founder’s Name] incorporated [Company Name] as a microgreen farm on [date of incorporation].
[Founder’s Name] has selected a location and is currently undergoing due diligence on the property and the local market to assess the feasibility of opening the commercial microgreens farm.
Since incorporation, the company has achieved the following milestones:
- Found agricultural property and signed a letter of Intent to purchase it
- Developed the company’s name, logo, and website
- Created the list of products to be offered
- Secured the vertical growing system
- Began recruiting key employees with experience in agriculture
[Company Name]’s Products/Services
The Company will provide the following microgreens products:
- Brassicaceae family: Cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, watercress, radish and arugula
- Asteraceae family: Lettuce, endive, chicory and radicchio
- Apiaceae family: Dill, carrot, fennel and celery
- Amaranthaceae family: Swiss chard, beet and spinach
- Legumes like chickpeas, beans and lentils