II. Company Overview
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Who is [Company Name]?
[Company Name], located in [insert location here], is a new commercial greenhouse farm, focusing on providing greater control over the growing environment of various crops. It will build the commercial greenhouse farm in a way that it can efficiently control the important cultivation factors such as levels of light and shade, irrigation, fertilizer application and atmospheric humidity.
The Company’s primary service includes the cultivation of crops and flowers. It will provide its products to end consumers as well as retail establishments such as grocery stores and restaurants. The Company will also operate a farm shop just outside the greenhouse to cater to the needs of direct consumers. The Company will also provide greenhouse construction, consultancy, and advisory services to those who want to build their own greenhouse at their home.
[Company Name]’s History
[Founder’s Name] is an agriculture engineer with an immense interest in new farming techniques and has been providing consultancy services for progressive farming for the last [x] years. [Company Name] will become a known commercial greenhouse farming company in [Location], offering a complete greenhouse products and services experience.
Upon surveying the local customer base and finding the potential retail location, [Founder’s Name] incorporated [Company Name] as a greenhouse farming company on [date of incorporation].
[Founder’s Name] has selected an initial location and is currently undergoing due diligence on each property and the local market to assess the most desirable location for opening the commercial greenhouse farm.
Since incorporation, the company has achieved the following milestones:
- Found land for greenhouse construction and signed Letter of Intent to lease it
- Developed the company’s name, logo, and website
- Created the list of products and services
- Secured farming equipment and machines
- Began recruiting key employees with experience in the greenhouse farming industry
[Company Name]’s Products/Services
The Company will provide the following greenhouse farming products and services:
- Cultivation of crops such as; cucumbers, shallots, tomatoes, lettuce, chilis, capsicum, red salad onions, snow peas and many more
- Cultivation of flowers and agriculture related transplants et al
- Plant transplant services
- Vegetable and fruit processing and packaging
- Greenhouse construction, consultancy and advisory services