I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a registered and licensed agriculture company that plans to build a commercial greenhouse in [Location], focusing on supplying all types of greenhouse crops. The Company will cultivate and retail a variety of crops, flowers, and agriculture-related transplants to a wide range of customers. The Company has secured 80 acres of land as well as a majority of the farming equipment and machinery needed to launch their commercial greenhouse.
[Company Name] will be involved in cultivating various crops via a greenhouse farming model. The Company produces both vegetables and fruits in commercial quantities. Its areas of concentration include:
- Cultivation of crops such as cucumbers, shallots, tomatoes, lettuce, chillis, capsicum, red salad onions, snow peas and many more
- Cultivation of flowers and agriculture-related transplantsl
- Plant transplant services
- Vegetable and fruit processing and packaging
[Company Name] will serve the community of [company location]. The Company will primarily offer its products and services to the end consumers of greenhouse commercial farm produce. The market segmentation of the greenhouse farming business will:
- Retail customers
- Grocery stores
[Company Name] will be solely owned and operated by [Founder’s Name], who has been in the commercial farming business for many years. [Founder’s name] has a degree in agriculture engineering from ABC University and has been providing consultancy services for progressive farming for the last [x] years. He has immense interest in new farming techniques, and the capital needed to start the business.
[Company Name] is qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There is currently a high demand for quality greenhouse produce in the community. In addition, the company has surveyed the local population and received highly positive feedback pointing towards an explicit demand for the products, supporting the business after launch.
- The Company has the latest greenhouse farming machines, tools, and equipment to help it cultivate crops in commercial quantities with less stress.
- The management team has a track record of success in the cultivation business.
- The greenhouse commercial farming business is a proven business and has succeeded in communities throughout the United States.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $300,000 to start a standard greenhouse commercial farm business. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Land lease and greenhouse construction: $150,000
- Tools, equipment and supplies: $100,000
- Salaries: $50,000
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|