I. Executive Summary
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located at [insert location here] is a new, upscale fast food restaurant focusing on providing organic, healthy and/or premium food and beverage products. Our product line fits nicely with health trends nationwide – as individuals are seeking healthier lifestyles complimented by natural, low-fat, and organic foods.
[Company Name] will offer a full menu of appetizers, salads, soups, sandwiches, entrees and desserts. All products will use 100% all natural and organic ingredients. Several products on the menu will be highlighted as being lower in fat, cholesterol, or sodium.
In addition to a full menu of food items, [Company Name] will offer beer, wine, coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents within a 15 mile radius of our fast food restaurant. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 27,827 residents
- Average income of $74,700
- 58.9% married
- 49.6% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 38 years
In addition to this prime adult demographic for an upscale and healthy fast food restaurant, there are five elementary school, a middle school, and a high school. This will make [Company Name] an ideal location for parents to spend time while waiting for their children or to bring their children to after school.
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the fast food restaurant business for 20 years. While [Founder] has never run a fast food restaurant himself, he has taught cooking classes at the local culinary institute for 20 years and has worked as a sous-chef at some of the most upscale fast food restaurants in the community over the past 10 years. As such [Founder] has an in-depth knowledge of the fast food restaurant business including the operations side (e.g., running day-to-day operations) and the business management side (e.g., staffing, marketing, etc.).
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There is currently no upscale and healthy fast food restaurant in the community we are entering. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to frequent our business when launched.
- Our location is in a high-volume area with little direct traffic, and will thus be highly convenient to significant numbers of passerby’s each day
- The management team has a track record of success in the fast food restaurant business.
- The upscale and healthy fast food restaurant business is a proven business and has succeeded in communities throughout the United States.
- Market trends such as healthy and organic living support our business opportunity as well as growing awareness about the obesity epidemic and repercussions of non-nutritious eating
[Company Name] is currently seeking $370,000 to launch. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: $250,000
- Working capital: $120,000 to pay for Marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even