V. Competitive Analysis
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Direct & Indirect Competitors
The following retailers are located within a 2 mile radius of [Company Name], thus providing either direct or indirect competition for customers:
Joe’s Tavern is the town’s leading local fast food restaurant and has been in business for 32 years. Joe’s offers a wide array of foods, with local bands as entertainment, and is a highly family friendly environment. .
Joe’s has an extensive menu, with some healthy options and some fried foods and bar favorites. While it has an established clientele, Joe’s Tavern does not differentiate itself as a healthy food choice.
Old Time Organics
Old Time Organics has been in business for 5 years. Old Time offers a variety of baked goods, organic teas and coffees, and sandwiches served to-go.
While Old Time Organics’ food is entirely organic, they have a very limited selection of items and are not open for dinner. The location only has four sit down tables and is thus targeting to-go customers that are either stopping for a quick breakfast or picking up baked goods and coffee for work.
Freddy’s Deli is a recently opened fast food restaurant. Freddy’s offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner and is open until 1 am nightly.
[Company Name] has several advantages over Freddy’s Deli including:
- Freddy’s Deli does not offer products, including pastries, sandwiches, soups and more, made with organic ingredients
- Freddy’s has very little ambience and due to enormous portion sizes and low quality ingredients, the food is largely unhealthy
While we expect that Freddy’s Deli will continue to thrive based on its location and excitement about a new fast food restaurant, we expect that more and more customers will frequent [Company Name] based on the high-quality and organic ingredients we use and product selection.
|Type of food||Joe's||Old Time||Freddy's|
|Breakfast||$5 - $12||$6.95 - $12.95||$8.95 - $16.95|
|Lunch||$9 - $18||$7.95 - $12.95||$12.95 - $15.95|
[Company Name] enjoys several advantages over its competitors. These advantages include:
- 100% Natural/Organic/High-Quality Ingredients: getting 100% Natural/Organic baked goods, soups, sandwiches and more in the local market is challenging and is being increasingly demanded by the local community.
- Management: Our management team has years of business and marketing experience that allows us to market and serve customers in a much more sophisticated manner than our competitors.
- Relationships: Having lived in the community for 25 years, [Founder’s Name] knows all of the local leaders, newspapers and other influences. As such, it will be relatively easy for us to build branding and awareness of our fast food restaurant.