I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located in [insert location here], is a registered and licensed dairy farm. The Company provides quality dairy products to local residents, restaurants, food and beverage wholesalers, and retailers. The Company raises their animals in an all-natural environment- no antibiotics, hormones, or steroids.
[Company Name] will be involved in commercial dairy production to provide the following products:
- Powdered milk
[Company Name] will primarily serve local residents, restaurants, food and beverage wholesalers, and retailers within a 100-mile radius of the farm. The demographics of the target customer profile is as follows:
- 152,313 residents
- Average income of $65,000
- 350 restaurants
- 7 wholesalers
- 50 grocery stores
[Company Name]’s most valuable asset is the expertise and experience of its founder, [Founder’s Name]. [First name] has been a dairy farm operations manager for the past [xx] years.
[Company name] will also employ an experienced sales executive to sell to wholesalers and retailers in the 100-mile area. This will be a skilled salesperson trained in farm sales by [Founder’s Name]. An assistant manager will manage the day-to-day operations of the farm.
[Company Name] is qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There is currently a high demand for dairy products in the community. In addition, the company surveyed the local population and received highly positive feedback pointing towards an explicit demand for the products, supporting the business after launch.
- The Company has healthy relationships with many major players in the industry.
- The management team has a track record of success in the dairy farm business.
- The dairy farm business is a proven business and has succeeded in communities throughout the US.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $400,000 to start the company. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Land and Equipment: $250,000
- Working capital: $150,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|