V. Competitive Analysis
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Direct & Indirect Competitors
The following businesses are located within a 50-mile radius of [Company Name], thus providing either direct or indirect competition for customers:
Great Outdoors Rec Center
Built in 1922, the Great Outdoors Rec Center is located close to many outdoor recreational hot spots for hiking, bicycling, and kayaking. The center has a large outdoor property and rents out tent pads and RV space for weekend campers to utilize. Great Outdoors Rec Center also has many of the amenities campers look for such as accessible, clean bathrooms and a full kitchen that can be used for an additional fee.
Although Great Outdoors Rec Center offers campers a place to set up camp, its main business is as a recreational center, not a campground. Therefore, there are many times throughout the year when the camp area is not accessible for campers because it’s being utilized by the community for special events such as weddings and birthday parties.
Around the Campfire Campground
Around the Campfire Campground is a small campground near the closest forest in the area. This business operates primarily as a campground for school and church groups of children in the summer season. The location includes multiple fire rings, minimal bathroom facilities, and enough space to accommodate six-eight small tents.
The campground is only open for the summer season due to weather conditions in the area and is mostly used for daytime activities and one-night only overnight camping for groups.
Established in 1990, Rivers Camping is a local campground company that operates multiple campgrounds around the state. Rivers Camping is a top choice for nature enthusiasts who are looking to take advantage of the many local outdoor activities nearby. Each campground is situated close to at least one outdoor recreation option, with most of them being located adjacent to a river.
This company offers tent pads, but no RV pads.
[Company Name] enjoys several advantages over its competitors. Those advantages include:
- Location: There is currently no campground competitor within a 25-mile radius of the Company’s site, although there are many recreational activities nearby.
- Technology: [Company Name] will invest heavily in the latest technology to provide a uniquely comfortable and convenient camping experience for all campers to enjoy.
- Year Round Camping for Everyone: The Company is offering the only year round camping option in the area for individuals of all ages and camping preferences.
- Management: [Company Name]’s management team has years of business and marketing experience in addition to campground management experience. This allows the Company to market to and serve customers in a much more sophisticated manner than competitors.
- Relationships: Having lived in the community for over 20 years, [Founder’s Name] knows all of the local leaders, newspapers, and other influences. As such, it will be relatively easy for [Company name] to build brand awareness and an initial customer base.