I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located in [insert location here] is a new campground business that focuses on providing convenient, modern amenities for the casual recreational camper and their family. The company uses the latest technology to enhance its amenities for camping in comfort. [Company Name] aims to be the top choice for camping in [Location] all year round.
[Company Name] will provide all the essential conveniences campers are looking for in a new campground. Amenities will include a camp store, electrical hook-ups, WiFi, tent pads, RV pads, hot showers, and modern restrooms with contactless technology.
[Company Name] will primarily serve vacationers and residents within a 50-mile radius of the campground location. The demographics of these campers are as follows:
- 150,000 visitors to the area
- 98,300 residents
- 36,918 children
- Average income of $96,200
- 71% married
- 53% in Management/professional occupations
- Median age: 39 years
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been working in the campground industry for nearly 20 years. While [Founder] has never developed his own campground, he has worked as a campground manager for many years and has gained an in-depth knowledge of the campground business including the operations side (e.g., running day-to-day operations) and the business management side (e.g., finances, marketing, etc.).
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There is currently no other campground that caters to the casual camper and families in the vicinity, but a large number of individuals and families that will utilize the camp. Additionally, the management team has surveyed the local community and has received positive feedback from many people who are excited to use the campground once it’s ready.
- The location is perfect for taking advantage of the surrounding outdoor activities and natural resources.
- The management team has a track record of success operating campgrounds.
- The campground is uniquely positioned as a high-tech, family-friendly camping experience.
[Company Name] is seeking a total funding of $300,000 of debt capital to open its campground company.
- Campground land purchase, design, and build-out: $250,000
- Working capital: $50,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and property costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|