I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download the Bakery business plan template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located in [insert location here] is a new, upscale bakery focusing on providing organic, healthy, premium food products. Our product line fits nicely with health trends nationwide – while people still want pastries and baked goods, they want them to be as healthy as possible.
[Company Name] will sell several baked goods including bagels, croissants, cookies, cakes, danish, muffins, scones and strudel. All products will use 100% all natural and organic ingredients. Several products will have regular and low-fat varieties.
In addition to baked goods, [Company Name] will sell breakfast and lunch sandwiches, salads and soups, and serve a variety of coffees and teas.
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents within a 5 mile radius of our store. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 67,827 residents
- Average income of $74,700
- 58.9% married
- 49.6% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 38 years
In addition to this prime adult demographic for an upscale bakery, there are five elementary schools, a middle school, and a high school. Students from these schools will be sure to frequent [Company Name].
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the bakery business for 20 years. While [Founder] has never run a bakery herself, she has taught baking classes as the local high school for 20 years and has worked part-time at bake shops throughout the region over the past 10 years. As such [Founder] has an in-depth knowledge of the bakery business including the operations side (e.g., running day-to-day operations) and the business management side (e.g., staffing, marketing, etc.).
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There is currently no upscale bakery in the community we are entering. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to frequent our business when launched.
- Our location is in a high-volume area with little direct traffic, and will thus be highly convenient to significant numbers of passerby’s each day.
- The management team has a track record of success in the bakery business.
- The upscale baker business is a proven business and has succeeded in communities throughout the United States.
- Market trends such as healthy and organic living support our business opportunity.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $370,000 to launch. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: $250,000
- Working capital: $120,000 to pay for Marketing, salaries, supplies and lease costs
Topline projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|