Bakery Business Plan
If you want to start a bakery or expand your current bakery, you need a business plan.
The following sample bakery business plan gives you the key elements to include in a winning business plan. It can be used to create a business plan for a dessert bakery, bread bakery, cake bakery, and other businesses that sell baked goods.
Bakery Business Plan Sample
Below are links to each of the key sections of a business plan template for a bakery to help you write your bakery business plan:
- Executive Summary – In the Executive Summary, you will provide a high-level overview of your business plan including a brief description of your company, your products or services, your target market, and your business goals.
- Company Overview – The Company Overview section will include your bakery business concept, company history, bakery location, mission statement, and ownership structure.
- Industry Analysis – In the Industry Analysis, provide an in-depth look at the bakery industry including trends, competition, and growth potential.
- Customer Analysis – The Customer Analysis is where you will describe your ideal customers including their demographics and buying behaviors.
- Competitive Analysis – In the Competitive Analysis, you will compare your business to your closest competitors and provide an analysis of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Marketing Plan – In the Marketing Plan, you will flush out your marketing strategy for reaching your target market. This should include your marketing mix, your sales and distribution strategy, and your pricing strategy.
- Operations Plan – Your Operations Plan will include a description of your bakery, your bakery equipment, your production process, and your talented baker.
- Management Team – The Management Team section will include descriptions of your co-founders and key management members.
- Financial Plan – A comprehensive Financial Plan will include realistic financial projections and financial statements including an income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement.