I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located at [insert location here] is a new, independent recording studio focusing on producing high quality sound for its clients.
We seek to cater to the needs of independent bands, musicians and artists, professionally sound engineering their music. By finding these local artists and producing their pieces, we will be able to build a good reputation for our company that will translate to more clients and bigger named clients that are in need of our services.
The company is not only equipped to record and produce music and vocal recordings, but also other audio types like sound effects for films and ads.
[Company Name] provides high quality sound engineering for musicians. Its services include:
- Postproduction, sound editing and design
- Recording services
- Commercial audio and TV audio mastering
- Audio copying
[Company Name] will primarily serve artists and composers in [Location]. We also offer our services to advertising agencies and local filmmakers who need professional sound engineering and advertising jingles.
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the recording business for 13 years. [Founder] has never run a recording studio business himself but he has the experience needed for it. He/she will have the help and support of his business partner, [Insert Name], that handles the marketing and admin tasks of the company.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There is currently no independent recording studio in the area focused exclusively on up-and-coming, independent musicians.
- There has been a significant growth in independent music over the past three years. Those who cater to this market have been thriving.
- The management team has a track record of success in the recording studio business.
- Recording studios are a proven, successful business in the United States.
[Company Name] is seeking a total funding of $420,000 to launch its studio. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures, staffing costs, marketing expenses and working capital.
- Recording equipment: $100,000
- Build-out and Startup costs: $200,000
- Salaries: $80,000
- Marketing: $20,000
- Lease expenditures: $20,000
Topline projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Income Tax Expense||$377||$11,625||$277,355||$683,969||$1,388,209|