I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a pharmacy in the [location] area. It provides a wide range of branded and generic medicines, medical devices, personal care products and other basic everyday needs. It aims to be a pharmacy that offers supreme service and easy access to the local residents. In order to meet its customers’ needs, [Company name] is open 24/7.
[Company Name] is the brainchild of [Founder’s name], a pharmacist, working at a local drug store in [location]. Through her 5 years of experience in the medical field, [Founder] saw the need for an accessible pharmacy that stocks all major medicines and medical devices and offers them at an affordable rate.
Here are the products as well as services that [Company name] will offer to our consumers:
- Generic over the counter drugs
- Generic prescription drugs
- Branded over the counter drugs
- Branded prescription drugs
- Basic medical equipment
- Medicine delivery and pick-up services
- Health and wellness products
- Selfcare products
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents who live within a 5-mile radius from our pharmacy. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 62,237 residents
- 4,500 workers (who do not live the neighborhood)
- Average income of $57,300
- 49% married
- 42% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 39 years
[Founder’s Name] is a pharmacist at a local drug store. Her experience in the medical field gives her a great advantage in building a pharmaceutical business. Before pursuing a career in the medical field, she attended [University Name], where she earned a degree in Business Management, which means she is not only capable of saving lives, but also managing a business.
[Company name]’s management team will also include registered pharmacists and highly skilled and trained employees that will contribute greatly to its success.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed for the following reasons:
- The area is in need of a pharmacy.
- Our location is in a high-volume population and business district and will thus be highly convenient to significant numbers of passersby each day.
- The management team has a track record of success in business.
- The pharmacy business has a positive track and has succeeded in communities throughout the United States
[Company Name] is seeking total funding of $260,000 of debt capital to launch. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures and location build-out, hiring initial employees, marketing expenses, and working capital.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: $150,000
- Inventory: $50,000
- Working capital: $60,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] is cash-flow positive
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$62,455||$881,858||$1,063,023||$1,295,091||$1,556,772|
|Income Tax Expense||$21,859||$308,650||$372,058||$453,282||$544,870|
|Number of locations||1||1||1||1||1|