I. Executive Summary
You can download the Nail Salon business plan template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located at [insert location here] is a brand-new, upscale nail salon focusing on providing high-quality, full-service nail care to the surrounding community. Our product and service lines fit nicely with the prevailing tastes and preferences of the local area – middle class suburbanites want quality nail care, but don’t want to pay luxury prices for it.
Products and Services
[Company Name]will provide relationship-oriented nail services for all ages and both genders. Employees will focus on building long-term rapport with their clients and strive to deliver personalized beauty results for each individual.
All manner of special treatments will be available—including perms, extensions, coloring, and styling for special occasions (weddings, proms, etc.)
In addition to providing these services, [Company name] will also be a retailer of exclusive nail care products. Customers will find products at [Company name] that they won’t find in grocery stores.
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents within a 5 mile radius of our location. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 27,827 residents
- Average income of $74,700
- 58.9% married
- 49.6% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 38 years
In addition to this prime adult demographic for an upscale nail salon, there are two large high schools and four middle schools in the area. Students, particularly girls, from these schools will be sure to patronize [Company Name] for special occasions.
[Company Name]is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the nail care business for 20 years. While [Founder] has never run a nail salon himself, he has been doing nails since age 15 and spent most of his adult life working at several major salons.As such [Founder] has an in-depth knowledge of the salon business including the operations side (e.g., running day-to-day operations) and the business management side (e.g., staffing, marketing, etc.).
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- The Company will fill a specific market niche in the growing community we are entering. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to frequent our business when launched.
- Our location is in a high-volume area with easy access from multiple residential and commercial district zones.
- The management team has a track record of success in the salon business.
- The upscale salon business is a proven business and has succeeded in communities throughout the United States.
- Local competitors leave a large gap in the nail market—there are low-cost providers ($10-$20), and an ultra-luxury salon ($50+), but nothing in between.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $260,000 to launch.Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: $140,000
- Working capital: $120,000 to pay for Marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Topline projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Income Tax Expense||$0||$0||$17,104||$29,103||$44,719|
|Net Profit Margin||-||10%||10%||9%||12%|