Mobile App Business Plan
If you have a mobile app startup or want to expand your current mobile app business, you clearly need a business plan.
The following mobile app business plan template and example give you the key elements to include in a winning plan.
Mobile App Business Plan Example
Below are links to a sample of each of the key sections of a solid business plan for a mobile app development company:
- Executive Summary – The Executive Summary provides an overview of the mobile app business and its goals. If you are seeking funding, this is the first section that a potential investor or lender will read, so it should be compelling.
- Company Overview – In this section of your business plan, you should provide a detailed description of your mobile app business including the history, mobile app concept, business model, mission statement, and the company’s growth plan.
- Industry Analysis – In the Industry Analysis section, you will describe the mobile app industry including recent developments, market research and trends, and the competitive landscape.
- Customer Analysis – The Customer Analysis section of a business plan for an app will provide details about your target audience including their demographics, needs, and preferences.
- Competitive Analysis – In the Competitive Analysis section, you will provide information about the strengths and weaknesses of your direct competitors (other mobile app businesses) and how you will establish your competitive advantage to gain market share.
- Marketing Plan – The Marketing Plan will detail the monetization strategy for your mobile application and how your company will promote your mobile apps and/or development services. This includes a comprehensive digital marketing strategy to reach your target customers on multiple platforms (Google Play, Apple Store, etc.).
- Operations Plan – The Operations Plan outlines the day-to-day operations of your mobile app business. This includes information about how you will manage your team and develop, launch, and support your mobile applications.
- Management Team – In the Management Team section, you will outline the qualifications and experience of your executive team members and advisory team.
- Financial Plan – The Financial Plan section will include a 5-year financial model and projections (income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement). This is important to show potential investors and lenders that you have a viable plan for the mobile app business.