II. Company Overview
This Section's Contents
Who is [Company Name]?
[Company Name] headquartered at [insert location here] is a new, internet retail store selling e-books for travelers. Our products will content provided by a variety of print and internet publishers, all with a focus on articles, magazines, guides, and books that travelers may want to read for entertainment and to save space that physical books would require.
[Company Name] was founded by [Founder’s Name]. While [Founder’s Name] has been in the e-commerce business for some time, it was in [month, date] that he decided to launch [Company Name]. Specifically, during this time, [Founder’s Name] proposed to his then-employer the concept of adding travel e-books to their product line of travel equipment. His employer passed on the idea. Soon thereafter [Founder’s Name] left the company with the intention of launching his own e-commerce business.
It was apparent to [Founder’s Name] that an unserved market need existed for the product. Furthermore, after surveying publishers of content, this theory was proven.
[Company Name]’s History
,After surveying publishers of travel literature, [Founder’s Name] incorporated [Company Name] as an S-Corporation on [date of incorporation].
[Founder’s Name] has selected a technology director with project management experience in the development of e-commerce websites.
Since incorporation, the company has achieved the following milestones:
- Developed the company’s name, logo and placeholder website located at www…
- Determined the list of products to be offered
- Determined equipment and development requirements
- Identified three potential wed development companies and solicited proposals from them
[Company Name]’s Products
Below is [Company Name]’s initial product list. As you can see all items are classified under the following five main categories:
- Travel Guides: Selling content from one major travel guide publisher, such as Frommer’s, Fodor’s, Lonely Planet, etc
- Travel Magazines: Travel + Leisure, Budget Travel, National Geographic Traveler, etc
- Travel-themed Books: Travel-based fiction and non-fiction
- Travel-appropriate Light Reading: Romance, mysteries, popular fiction, etc
- Original Content: Articles, columns, and books written specifically for [Company Name]
The website will feature a rotating display of featured and new products on its homepage as well as a searchable database. Products will be downloaded from the website upon purchase for use in proprietary e-reader software or e-readers with which [Company Name] has exclusive arrangements. The content will use digital rights management to prevent copying to another user’s device. .
[Company Name] will develop a website whose key elements will include the following:
- Search Engine
- Database of products
- Cart System
- Help and FAQ pages
The websitewill be built by an established development firm and designed by an accomplished web designer, with the process supervised by the company’s technology director. Where appropriate, existing software applications will be purchased to fill standard needs to keep costs down without sacrificing functionality and to avoid the problems associated with newly-developed software.
[Company Name]’s website will be available at all times, but customer service representatives, answering email requests, will only work 7 days a week, from 9AM to 6 PM.