[Company Name] will primarily serve American travelers interested in saving space in their luggage, finding the latest travel-related guides and literature, and/or eliminating the waste associated with printed books and magazines. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- Roughly 25 million Americans travel overseas each summer according to AAA
- Average income of $54,700
- 38.9% married
- 49.6% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 34 years
We will primarily target the customer segment of “Serial Travelers”. These individuals are defined as American travelers who travel more than four weeks out of the year or on at least 3 round-trip flights per year, this group considers traveling, whether for business or pleasure, a way of life and seeks out new ways to improve their travel experiences.
The following are true of this group:
- Serial travelers are growing more concerned with the weight of their luggage due to airline weight restrictions.
- Many serial travelers have difficulty concentrating while in flight or on trains and cannot read heavy or difficult literature.
- Serial travelers may attempt to cut down on expenses regarding their travel and lodging, but still spend money on items which will improve the quality of their travel and provide entertainment.
- Serial travelers seek out the latest in travel guides and reviews to choose new destinations and be better informed on their trips.