II. Company Overview
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Who is [Company Name]?
[Company name] is a grocery store business, in [City]. We will serve the nearby residential community with all their grocery needs. We will focus on providing our customers with fresh produce, deli products, baked goods and a butcher shop. Our store will also include a home section that will sell cleaning products, household essentials and beauty products. Despite the fact that we have several competitors, we are confident that our grocery store has several competitive advantages such as home delivery service, pre-ordering of goods, ambiance, and excellent customer service.
We have strategically chosen to position our grocery store at the center of the city where most commercial and business establishments are as well as residences. Despite the fact that we have several competitors, we are confident that our grocery store has several competitive advantages such as home delivery service, pre-ordering of goods, ambiance, and excellent customer service.
[Company Name]’s History
[Company name] grocery store is owned and operated by [Founder’s name]. [Founder’s name]’s family has been in the food and restaurant industry for [x] years. This long experience with the industry as well as his Business Administration degree from [Univeristy], makes [Founder’s name] an expert in handling the grocery store business. He has an extensive knowledge of grocery store operations, making him the ideal candidate to open a new store.
Since incorporation, the company has achieved the following milestones:
- Found store location and signed Letter of Intent to lease it
- Developed the company’s name, logo and website
- Determined equipment and inventory requirements
- Began recruiting key employees with experience in the grocery store industry
[Company Name]’s Products/Services
Here are the products as well as services that [Company name] will offer to our consumers:
- Meat – poultry, beef, lunch meat, pork
- Produce – fruits, vegetables
- Bread or Bakery products– sandwich loaves, tortillas, bagels, dinner rolls
- Baking Goods – cereals, pasta, mixes, flour, sugar
- Personal Care – shampoo, shaving cream, soap, hand soap
- Frozen Foods – waffles, vegetables, individual meals, ice cream
- Beverages – coffee, tea, juice, soda, drinks
- Canned or Jarred Goods – vegetables, spaghetti sauce, ketchup
- Dairy – cheese, eggs, milk, yogurt, butter
- Cleaners – all purpose, laundry detergent, dishwashing liquid and detergents
- Home delivery service
- Pre-ordering/grocery pick-up
This diversity of products and services will be one of our greatest advantages. We will provide every basic necessity to our customers so they don’t have to visit various stores in search of their needed goods.