I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company name] is a grocery store business, in [City]. We will serve the nearby residential community with all their grocery needs. We will focus on providing our customers with fresh produce, deli products, baked goods and a butcher shop. Our store will also include a home section that will sell cleaning products, household essentials and beauty products. Despite the fact that we have several competitors, we are confident that our grocery store has several competitive advantages such as home delivery service, pre-ordering of goods, ambiance, and excellent customer service.
Here are the products as well as services that [Company name] will offer:
- Meat – poultry, beef, lunch meat, pork
- Produce – fruits, vegetables
- Bread or Bakery products– sandwich loaves, tortillas, bagels, dinner rolls
- Baking Goods – cereals, pasta, mixes, flour, sugar
- Personal Care – shampoo, shaving cream, soap, hand soap
- Frozen Foods – waffles, vegetables, individual meals, ice cream
- Beverages – coffee, tea, juice, soda, drinks
- Canned or Jarred Goods – vegetables, spaghetti sauce, ketchup
- Dairy – cheese, eggs, milk, yogurt, butter
- Cleaners – all purpose, laundry detergent, dishwashing liquid and detergents
- Home delivery service
- Pre-ordering/grocery pick-up
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents who live within a 10 mile radius of our store. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 76,827 residents
- 2,750 workers (who do not live the neighborhood)
- Average income of $64,900
- 42% married
- 47% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 38 years
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the grocery store business for 20 years. He has extensive experience at major grocery stores for the past 20 years. He began his career in [19xx] when he received a certification from [School] and began work at [major chain], where he worked for X years.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed for the following reasons:
- The area is in need of a full-service grocery store
- Our location is in a high-volume area with little direct traffic, and will thus be highly convenient to significant numbers of passersby each day.
- The management team has a track record of success in the grocery business.
- The grocery store business has a positive track and has succeeded in communities throughout the United States
[Company Name] is seeking total funding of $260,000 of debt capital to launch its grocery store. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures and location build-out, hiring initial employees, marketing expenses and working capital.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: $140,000
- Working capital: $120,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] is cash-flow positive
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$62,455||$881,858||$1,063,023||$1,295,091||$1,556,772|
|Income Tax Expense||$21,859||$308,650||$372,058||$453,282||$544,870|
|Number of locations||1||1||1||1||1|