I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a trusted freight company in [Location]. We proudly transport shipments of all types across any distance within the United States, from across town to across the country. We are committed to providing fast and cost-efficient transportation services to our clients while ensuring all shipments are safely and securely delivered.
The following are the services that [Company Name] provides:
- Local and statewide shipping
- Shipping within the continental US
- International shipping
- Bulk shipments
[Company Name] will primarily serve manufacturers and distributors operating within a 100-mile radius of [Location], as well as local households. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 150,000+ businesses and companies
- 61,347 residents
- Average household income of $87,100
[Company Name]’s most valuable asset is the expertise and experience of its founder, [Founder’s Name]. With 10 years of experience as a freight broker, and a degree in Business Administration from University of ABC, he is uniquely qualified to lead the company to success.
[Company Name] is well-positioned to succeed for the following reasons:
- We will be one of the few freight brokerage companies in the area. Furthermore, we have surveyed the local population and identified the pain points left by other shipping companies.
- Our location is populated with a large contingent of regional transplants who have relatives living outside the area
- The management team has a track record of success in the industry.
- The freight brokerage business has proven to be a successful business in the United States.
[Company Name] is seeking total funding of $260,000 of debt capital to launch. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures and location build-out, hiring initial employees, marketing expenses and working capital.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: $100,000
- Working capital: $160,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] is cash-flow positive
Topline projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$63,291||$661,962||$866,694||$1,112,661||$1,394,972|
|Income Tax Expense||$22,152||$231,687||$303,343||$389,431||$488,240|