I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a new RV and boat storage company with [X] storage units available for rent to individuals and businesses in [location]. We offer a variety of unit size options and provide units that are enclosed, covered, or uncovered, depending on the budget and needs of each customer. All rentals are month-to-month, which provides our customers with the flexibility to rent the units as long as they need them.
[Company Name] will be able to provide safe and secure boat and RV storage facilities to individuals and businesses in [location]. The services and storage units that are provided include:
- Enclosed storage units
- Covered storage units
- Uncovered storage units
- Boat and RV maintenance amenities and services
- Individual gate access code for each customer
- 24-hour surveillance across 40 security cameras
Furthermore, our storage units come in a variety of sizes. The most common options include the following:
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents who live within a 10-mile radius of the storage facility. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 54,801 residents
- Average income of $82,000
- 73% married
- 55% in management/professional occupations
- Median age: 48 years
The demographic shows that [location] is an affluent town of folks who are near retirement and are ready to spend their golden years on the road or the open water. When they purchase their dream RV or boat, they will need a place to store it. We will be their go-to place to keep their RV or boat safe when not in use.
[Company Name] is headed by [Founder’s Name], who graduated from [University] with a degree in Business Administration. Prior to starting [Company Name], [Founder’s Name] worked as an operations manager at a storage company for [X] years, where he learned the ins and outs of the storage industry. His experience will be the company’s most valuable asset.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed for the following reasons:
- [Company Name] will fill a specific market niche in the growing moving and storage industries.
- With few competitors offering storage for RVs and boats, the demand for an RV and boat storage facility in [location] is high.
- The results of a recent survey suggest that the target market is eager to make use of our services when launched.
- The management team has a track record of success in the storage unit business.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $500,000 to launch. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: $300,000
- Working capital: $200,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|