I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a new warehouse facility located in [location]. Our warehouse will specialize in storing products for various industries and companies located within a 50-mile radius of [location]. We provide everything a business needs when storing its products, from climate-controlled facilities to loading and unloading services. We aim to be the most dependable warehouse chain in the local area that can be trusted to store and secure any kind of product.
[Company Name] will store products for local businesses located within a 50-mile radius of [location]. We will provide many services to ensure all products are secure and stay in perfect condition. Some of the services our warehouse offers include:
- Bulk floor storage
- Palletized rack storage
- Five bay truck doors
- Two ramp doors
- Climate controlled facilities
- Inventory control
- Monitored alarm system
- Mail acceptance and delivery services
- Container loading or unloading
[Company Name] will primarily service businesses within 50 miles of [location]. There are approximately 20,000 businesses within this area, which gives us a large client base to work with. Our primary customer focus is on small and medium-sized businesses that serve the local area. We are open to servicing most industries but plan to get the most business from the following sectors:
- Food and beverage
- Retail and consumer goods
[Company Name] is headed by [Founder’s Name], who graduated from [University] with a degree in Business Administration. Prior to starting [Company Name], [Founder’s Name] worked as an operations manager at a logistics and warehousing company for [X] years. During his career, he was able to learn all aspects of the industry, including the operations (e.g., running day-to-day operations) and management (e.g., staffing, marketing, etc.) sides. His experience will be invaluable to the business.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed for the following reasons:
- [Company Name] will focus primarily on the local region (about a 50-mile radius from [location]). Many small local businesses are overlooked or underserved by larger national warehousing companies.
- We surveyed the target market and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to make use of our services when launched.
- The [location] region has a robust business environment with a large number of businesses needing warehousing services like ours.
- The management team has a track record of success in the warehousing services industry.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $2,000,000 to launch. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Warehouse design/build: $1,000,000
- Vehicle and machinery purchase and maintenance: $500,000
- Equipment and supplies: $250,000
- Working capital: $250,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|