I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our RV Park Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company name] was founded in [year] by [Founder’s name]. It is the first RV Park in [Location]. The four acre park sits atop a hill and is five miles from the center of town. The park has the perfect location for a quick getaway where you can enjoy nature, but be close enough to the city at the same time.
The park is a family friendly facility that offers a myriad of amenities including showers, a pool, horseback riding, archery and a volleyball court.
[Company Name] provides its customers with electrical, water, and sewer hookup to supply each RV with its basic needs. It also offers basic camping equipment rentals for those who wish to camp instead. Its offerings include:
- Single Campsite
- Double Campsite
- Basic RV Hookup
- Full RV hookup
[Company Name] will primarily serve the leisure travel market. This market seeks comfortable, family-friendly travel accommodations and services.
An overview of this market includes:
- 50,000 leisure visitors to the area last year, according to the Office of Tourism
- Typical leisure traveler are families, with an average household size of four
- Over 85% of leisure travelers are families with the remaining 15% being couples
- Average household income of $85,900
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name] who holds a degree in Business Management and has worked as a manager for [Previous Company Name] for 10 years.
[Founder] has never run an RV park business before, but he has been a lifelong camper and has visited a number of RV parks throughout the years. His personal experience has given him both the passion and knowledge to open an RV park of his own.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed for the following reasons:
- There is currently no other RV park in the community we are entering, so we will be the pioneering RV park in [Location].
- Our location is a prime spot near the main road where people pass to travel from one city to another.
- The location is the perfect balance of nature and city. It is a park on a hilltop where people can enjoy the view of the entire city.
- The management team has a track record of success in similar businesses.
- RV parks are proving to be a successful business concept in the U.S.
[Company Name] is seeking a total funding of $260,000 to launch its location. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures, salaries, marketing expenses and working capital.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Facility design/build and equipment purchase: $100,000
- Working capital: $160,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Income Tax Expense||$23,469||$263,663||$366,043||$448,092||$538,375|