II. Company Overview
This Section's Contents
You can download our Real Estate Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Who is [Company Name]?
[Company Name], located at [insert location here] is a new residential real estate brokerage firm specializing in home sales and rentals. The company will operate in a professional setting, conveniently located next to [notable bank] in the center of the shopping district. [Company Name] is headed by [Founder’s Name], an MBA Graduate from XYZ University with 20 years of experience working as an real estate broker.
While [Founder’s Name] has been in the real estate brokerage business for some time, it was in [month, year] that he decided to launch [Company Name]. Specifically, during this time, [Founder] met with a former friend and fellow independent real estate broker in Fort Lauderdale, FL who has had tremendous success. After discussing the business at length, [Founder’s Name] clearly understood that a similar business would enjoy significant success in his hometown.
Specifically, the customer demographics and competitive situations in the Fort Lauderdale location and in his hometown were so similar that he knew the business would work. After surveying the local population, [Founder’s name] went ahead and founded [Company Name].
[Company Name]’s History
Upon returning from Fort Lauderdale, surveying the local customer base, and finding a potential retail office, [Founder’s Name] incorporated [Company Name] as an S-Corporation on [date of incorporation].
The business is currently being run out of [Founder’s Name] home office, but once the lease on [Company Name]’s office location is finalized, all operations will be run from there.
Since incorporation, the Company has achieved the following milestones:
- Found office space and signed Letter of Intent to lease it
- Developed the company’s name, logo and website located at [website]
- Hired an interior designer for the decor and furniture layout
- Determined equipment and fixture requirements
- Began recruiting key employees
[Company Name]’s Products & Services
[Founder’s Name] will be able to provide clients with the following services:
- Website: By listing rental and for sale condominiums, apartments, and homes on its own website – including both its own clients and those of other , [Company Name] will develop a resource which is known in the local area as a go-to site for the most comprehensive real estate listings.
- Listing Services: [Company Name] will promote its client’s properties in local newspapers, magazines, and even television when appropriate, offering great visibility for the properties it lists.
- Finding Rentals: For a standard one-month broker’s fee, [Company Name] will match clients seeking rental apartments with apartments meeting their specifications as closely as possibly, choosing from listings by [Company’s Name], by other brokers, and by landlords.
- Selling Homes: For the standard 3% commission, [Company’s Name] will find buyers, negotiate on behalf of the seller, and process the seller’s paperwork related to the sale.
- Buying Homes: For the standard 3% commission, [Company’s Name] will find appropriate homes to buy, submit offers for the buyer, negotiate on behalf of the buyer, and process the buyer’s paperwork related to the purchase.
- Homeowner Information Sessions: Seminars at the real estate office or at larger venues when appropriate will be offered to present topics such as preparing one’s home for sale, how to look for undervalued properties, what type of improvements have the greatest effect on a home’s value, etc
As [Founder’s Name] understands, the key to a successful real estate brokerage business is building referrals and a long-term reputation as a trustworthy agent in the community. [Founder’s Name] will continue to reach out to past clients in future years to answer questions and to continue to develop a relationship.