I. Executive Summary
[Company Name], located at [insert location here] is a new, upscale photography business focusing on studio and location shoots for private and corporate still shots and portraiture.
[Company Name]will offer formal and informal portraits as well as shoots of properties, groups, and products. [Company Name] will also provide photo editing and décor within its studio space.
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents within a 15 mile radius of our facility. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 27,827 residents
- Average income of $74,700
- 58.9% married
- 49.6% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 38 years
[Company Name] will serve private customers, primarily brides and parents, corporations and non profits in the general vicinity.
[Company Name]is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the photography business for 20 years. While [Founder] has never run a photo studio himself, he has taught photography classes at the local community college for 10 years and has worked as a lead photographer for an event photography business in the community over the past 10 years. As such [Founder] has an in-depth knowledge of the photography business including the operations side (e.g., running day-to-day operations) and the business management side (e.g., staffing, marketing, etc.).
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There is currently no upscale photography business focusing on portraiture in the community we are entering. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to use our services when launched. [Founder’s Name] has already begun to work with some residents on a freelance basis.
- The management team has a track record of success in the photography business.
- Market trends such as growth in demand for high-quality photography services and the increasing value customers place in full-service photographers support our business opportunity.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $251,000 to launch.Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Facilitydesign/build and photography equipment: $86,000
- Working capital: $165,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and other expenses until [Company Name] reaches break-even.
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Pre Tax Income||($109,643)||$14,809||$73,740||$151,911||$257,348|
|Income Tax Expense||$0||$0||$0||$45,786||$90,072|
|Number of locations||1||1||1||1||1|
|Number of private orders/yr||24||60||75||94||117|