II. Company Overview
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Who is [Company Name]?
[Company Name] is a private medical practice located in [location]. We offer general and preventative health care for all ages. We offer immunizations, pediatrics, health screenings, and more. Our medical practitioners and supporting staff are well-trained to improve the health and well-being of our patients.
[Company Name] is run and owned by [Founder’s Name], who has been a doctor in the local medical community for [X] years. She has helped hundreds of patients and families with their general healthcare needs throughout her career. She also has gained knowledge and experience in the operations and marketing aspects of the medical business, which will prove indispensable for this private practice.
[Company Name]’s History
After years of working with patients in hospital settings, [Founder’s Name] decided to establish a private practice. She wanted to develop a closer relationship with her patients, which was difficult to achieve while working in a large hospital. With this goal in mind, [Founder’s Name] incorporated [Company Name] as an S-corporation on [date of incorporation].
Since incorporation, [Company Name] has achieved the following milestones:
- Found a clinic space and signed a Letter of Intent to lease it
- Developed the company’s name, logo, and website at [website]
- Hired a contractor for the office build-out
- Determined equipment and fixture requirements
- Began recruiting key employees with previous healthcare experience
- Drafted marketing campaigns to promote the practice
[Company Name]’s Products/Services
[Company Name] will focus on providing primary care services to every family member, from infants to adults. The costs will depend upon the materials used, the physician’s time, and the amount designated for each procedure. Some of the general and primary care services we provide include:
- Immunizations: flu shots, measles, mumps, polio, etc.
- Annual checkups
- Pediatrics: checkups, developmental screening, immunizations, etc.
- Health screenings: blood pressure, cholesterol, depression, diabetes, etc.
- General health counseling
[Company Name] will maintain privacy according to HIPAA regulations. All patients will be welcome, including those without insurance. However, we expect most patients to utilize their insurance plans to pay their costs. [Company Name] will work with local and national insurance companies to ensure that every family can afford our services. After billing insurance, [Company Name] will provide flexible payment plan options so that no individual or family is overwhelmed by their medical bills.