II. Company Overview
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Who is [Company Name]?
[Company Name] is a dog kennel business in [Location] that provides excellent pet care specifically for dogs and puppies. We maintain a safe and dog-friendly environment that assures our busy clients that their pets are in good hands whenever they leave them in our care. With our vast space, high-quality accommodations, premium products, specialized services, and professional pet caretakers, we position ourselves to be the leading dog kennel business in the [Location] area.
[Company Name]’s History
[Founder’s Name] started [Company name] in [month, year]. Driven by his passion for dogs and because of the increasing number of dog lovers within the city, [Founder’s name] decided to open a place where clients can bring their dogs for day/overnight care while they are away for work, business, or personal trips. With his years of experience with dogs as an assistant to a local veterinary clinic, he decided to start a dog kennel business of his own.
Since incorporation, the [Company Name] has achieved the following milestones:
- Found space and signed Letter of Intent to lease it
- Developed the company’s name, logo and website located at [website]
- Determined equipment and fixture requirements
- Began recruiting key employees
[Company Name]’s Products/Services
[Founder’s Name] will be able to provide clients with the following services:
- Day/Overnight care: Pets can be taken care of by the dog kennel staff for up to 24 hours with complete accommodation and care services. Each pet will be housed in separate kennels depending on the client’s request. An arrangement for accommodations longer than a day can also be made.
- Pet Grooming: On-site professional pet grooming services.
- Dog training: Certified dog trainers provide courses for the client’s pets specialized according to their needs.
- Special Requests: Provide service for pets with special needs including administering medication, assisting with recovery from surgery, handicaps, etc.