I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a licensed dog kennel business in [Location] that provides excellent pet care specifically to dogs and puppies. We are dedicated to providing the best facilities and treatment for our clients. We maintain a safe and dog-friendly environment that assures our busy clients that their pets are in good hands whenever they leave them in our care. With our vast space, high-quality accommodations, premium products, specialized services, and professional pet caretakers, we position ourselves to be the leading dog kennel business in the [Location] area.
[Company Name] will focus on providing dog kennel services to moderate to wealthy residents in the area. These services will include daycare, overnight accommodations, pet grooming, dog training and other specialized services.
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents within a 10 mile radius of our location. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 97,927 residents
- Average income of $77,700
- 68% married
- 57% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- 89% of residents are homeowners
- Median age: 38 years
[Company Name]’s most valuable asset is the expertise and experience of its founder, [Founder’s Name]. [First name] has been in the pet care business for the past 15 years. During this time he developed a deep understanding of the pet care industry.
[Company name] will also have an experienced operations manager who will be trained in handling the dog kennel business most of the time. The desired individual will have an undergraduate business degree and years of management experience. [Company name] will also employ certified dog trainers, experienced caretakers and an on-call veterinarian in case of medical emergencies.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- [Company Name] will fill a specific market niche in the growing community we are entering. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly need a dog kennel business in the area
- Our location is in a high-wealth area where customers are in need of dog kennel services.
- The management team has a track record of success in the dog kennel services business.
- The local area is currently underserved and residents rely on establishments such as ours.
[Company Name] is seeking a total funding of $222,000 of debt capital to open its dog kennel business. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures and location build-out, hiring initial employees, marketing expenses and working capital.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Dog kennel design/build: $122,000
- Working capital: $100,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Topline projections over the next five years are as follows:
|FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$62,455||$881,858||$1,063,023||$1,295,091||$1,556,772|
|Income Tax Expense||$21,859||$308,650||$372,058||$453,282||$544,870|
|Number of locations||1||1||1||1||1|
|Number of orders||3,600||7,776||8,398||9,070||9,796|