II. Company Overview
This Section's Contents
You can download the Construction business plan template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Who is [Company Name]?
[Company Name], located at [insert location here] is a new residential construction and general contracting firm. The company will operate out of an office in the commercial district of [town]. [Company Name] is headed by [Founder’s Name], an engineering graduate from XYZ University with 20 years of experience working in the construction industry.
While [Founder’s Name] has been in the home construction business for some time, it was in [month, year] that he decided to launch [Company Name]. Specifically, during this time, [Founder] met with a former friend and fellow independent construction company owner in Fort Lauderdale, FL who has had tremendous success. After discussing the business at length, [Founder’s Name] clearly understood that a similar business would enjoy significant success in his hometown.
Specifically, the customer demographics and competitive situations in the Fort Lauderdale location and in his hometown were so similar that he knew the business would work. After surveying the local population, [Founder’s name] went ahead and founded [Company Name].
[Company Name]’s History
Upon returning from Fort Lauderdale, surveying the local customer base, and finding a potential office, [Founder’s Name] incorporated [Company Name] as an S-Corporation on [date of incorporation].
The business is currently being run out of [Founder’s Name] home office, but once the lease on [Company Name]’s office location is finalized, all operations will be run from there.
Since incorporation, the Company has achieved the following milestones:
- Found office/storage space and signed Letter of Intent to lease it
- Developed the company’s name, logo and website located at [website]
- Planned the suite of services to be offered
- Determined equipment and facility requirements
- Begun recruiting key employees
[Company Name]’s Products & Services
[Founder’s Name] will be able to provide clients with the following services:
- New Home Construction: New home projects will be entirely managed, including setting a schedule, budget, and requirements with the client and architect, supplying material, labor, and equipment, hiring subcontractors as necessary, assuring quality of all work, and expediting the process of licenses and permits.Sometimes pre-design services will be offered to give advice during the design phase of the home.
- Home Additions: Smaller projects to add additional floors, rooms, patios, porches, etc to existing homes will be offered. The process will be similar to that of new homes, although the time involved, budgets, and scope will be smaller.
- Home Renovations: Interior and exterior improvements to existing homes, such as remodeling, adding new fixtures or decorative elements, and changing room layout will be offered.
- Homeowner Information Sessions: Webinars be offered to present topics such as how to prepare before seeking a contractor, new and standard home construction practices, renovation projects, and planning additions to your home.