I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] provides commercial cleaning and janitorial services to companies throughout [location]. The Company provides dependable, customized cleaning programs, specific to the needs of your industry, number of employees, building size and budget. The Company’s services include basic commercial contract cleaning, deep cleaning, day porters, floor care and carpet cleaning, touchpoint cleaning and disinfecting cleaning services. They offer daily, weekly and monthly cleaning services, as well as one-time cleaning projects. [Company Name]’s goal is to become one of the leading commercial cleaning companies in the area.
The Company will provide the following services to its clients:
- Commercial Cleaning
- End of Tenancy Cleaning
- Window Cleaning
- Steam Cleaning
- Floor Waxing and Polishing
- Office Furniture and Upholstery Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
[Company Name] will primarily offer its services to facilities within a 25-mile radius of the business location. The demographics of the customers are as given below:
- Small Businesses
- Educational Institutions
- Factories and Manufacturing Companies
- Government Facilities
- Medical Facilities
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s name], who has been in the cleaning industry for [x] years. [Founder’s name] graduated from the University of ABC, where he majored in business. During his apprenticeship in the commercial cleaning industry, he acquired in-depth skills in practicing cleaning services and is well aware of the practices related to the commercial cleaning industry. Additionally, he worked as a cleaning services manager at a smaller firm, learning how to manage and run a cleaning service business before starting [Company name].
[Company name] will also employ an experienced assistant manager to manage cleaning operations. There will be an experienced operations manager who will be trained in cleaning services operations by [Founder’s Name].
[Company Name] is qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There is currently a high demand for cleaning services within the community. In addition, the company surveyed the local population and received highly positive feedback pointing towards an explicit demand for the services, supporting the business after launch.
- The Company’s location is in a high-volume traffic area and will thus be highly convenient for a significant number of people in need of professional cleaning services.
- The management team has a track record of success in the cleaning services business.
- Commercial cleaning services have a proven track record of business success in communities throughout the United States.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $150,000 to launch its commercial cleaning business. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Office design/build: $60,000
- Working capital: $90,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, equipment and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|