I. Executive Summary
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is dedicated to providing affordably priced, unparalleled hair styling and grooming services that are tailored to every client and their lifestyle in a distinctively unique atmosphere. As customers are our number one priority, we value every client and their individual needs.
Products and Services
[Company Name] will provide relationship-oriented haircutting services for men of all ages. [Company Name] will focus on building long-term rapport with their clients and strive to deliver personalized results for each individual.
The company will offer a wide variety of treatments including haircut, shaving, coloring, and styling for special occasions.
In addition to providing these services, [Company name] will also be a retailer of exclusive hair care products. Customers will find products at [Company name] that they won’t find in big box retail stores.
[Company Name] will serve the residents of [company location] and the immediate surrounding areas as well as those who work in [company location].
The area we serve is populated mostly by the middle class; as a result, they have the means to pay for higher quality service, and are looking for hair and beauty services somewhere between the deep discounters and the top-end luxury brands.
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the barber shop business for 20 years. He has worked extensively at major barber shops for the past 20 years. He began his career in [19xx] when he received a certification from [Barber Shop School] and began work at [major chain], where he worked for X years.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- The Company will fill a specific market niche in the growing community we are entering. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to frequent our business when launched.
- Our location is in a high-volume area with easy access from multiple residential and commercial district zones.
- The management team has a track record of success in the barber shop business.
- The upscale barber shop business is a proven business and has succeeded in communities throughout the United States.
- Local competitors leave a large gap in the haircut market—there are low-cost providers ($10-$20), and an ultra-luxury salon ($120+), but nothing in between.
[Company Name] is seeking total funding of $260,000 of debt capital to launch its barber shop. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures and location build-out, hiring initial employees, marketing expenses and working capital.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: $140,000
- Working capital: $120,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] is cash-flow positive
Topline projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Income Tax Expense||$23,469||$263,663||$366,043||$448,092||$538,375|