I. Executive Summary
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located at [insert location here] is a new, independent music business focusing on alternative rock music.
We seek to find and sign up-and-coming alternative rock bands based in the New York region. By finding underground talent and improving their marketing and appeal to a broader music audience, we will be able to build a stable of artists with significant customer bases. This will translate into significant sales of music (CDs, MP3s), concert tickets, and related products (e.g., merchandise).
[Company Name]will provides both a product and a service to two distinct audiences.
To alternative music artists which provide talent agent and artist representation functions. That is, we find and recruit talent. And then we manage our bands and provide the creative and marketing resources they need to develop music and sell music and merchandise.
To fans of our bands, we will sell music, concert tickets and merchandise.
[Company Name] will primarily serve alternative rock fans in the greater NY region. Simmons Research has found that these fans display the following demographic characteristics:
- Gender skew is fairly balanced…56% males, 44% females.
- Listeners tend to be well-educated, 41% more likely than the average adult to have attended or graduated from college.
- Listeners tend to be 40-50% more likely than the average adult to be a heavy radio listener.
- The majority of the audience remains firmly lodged in the 18-44 age range.
In addition to end-customers, we serve the needs of alternative rock bands. We will focus on currently unsigned bands. Typically, the members of these bands are in their 20s and have getting signed, generating revenues and becoming famous as their primary goals.
[Company Name]is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the music business for 3 years. While [Founder] has never run an independent music businesshimself, he has been active in the industry for many years as a listener and as an intern at Alternative Rock Station WCDS in New York City.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There is currently no independent music businessin the NY metro area focused exclusively on up-and-coming alternative rock bands.
- There has been a significant growth in alternative rock listeners in the area. Music stations catering to this market have been thriving.
- The management team has a track record of success in the independent music business.
- Our business model will be profitable if we can grow in the metro-NY area. If any of our artists thrive nationally, then we will be even more successful.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $100,000 to launch.Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Build-out and Startup costs: $25,350
- Salaries: $45,000
- Marketing: $20,000
- Lease expenditures: $12,000
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Income Tax Expense||$377||$11,625||$277,355||$683,969||$1,388,209|