II. Company Overview
This Section's Contents
You can download our Mortgage Broker Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Who is [Company Name]?
[Company Name], located at [insert location here] is a new mortgage brokerage specializing in residential mortgages. The company will operate in a professional setting, conveniently located next to [notable bank] in the center of the shopping district. [Company Name] is headed by [Founder’s Name], an MBA Graduate from XYZ University with 20 years of experience working as a mortgage broker.
While [Founder’s Name] has been in the mortgage brokerage business for some time, it was in [month, year] that he decided to launch [Company Name]. Specifically, during this time, [Founder] met with a former friend and fellow independent mortgage broker in Fort Lauderdale, FL who has had tremendous success. After discussing the business at length, [Founder’s Name] clearly understood that a similar business would enjoy significant success in his hometown.
Specifically, the customer demographics and competitive situations in the Fort Lauderdale location and in his hometown were so similar that he knew the business would work. After surveying the local population, [Founder’s name] went ahead and founded [Company Name].
[Company Name]’s History
Upon returning from Fort Lauderdale, surveying the local customer base, and finding a potential office, [Founder’s Name] incorporated [Company Name] as an S-Corporation on [date of incorporation].
The business is currently being run out of [Founder’s Name] home office, but once the lease on [Company Name]’s office location is finalized, all operations will be run from there.
Since incorporation, the Company has achieved the following milestones:
- Found office space and signed Letter of Intent to lease it
- Developed the company’s name, logo and website located at [website]
- Hired an interior designer for the decor and furniture layout
- Determined equipment and fixture requirements
- Began recruiting key employees
[Company Name]’s Products & Services
[Founder’s Name] will offer the following services:
- Residential mortgages: [Company Name] specializes in residential mortgages for single and multifamily residences.
- Commercial and industrial mortgages and broker/dealer services: [Company Name] will work with commercial and industrial clients to obtain loan products for new facilities, and equipment financing.
- Home equity loans: [Company Name] will match clients seeking home equity lines of credit (HELOC) and mortgage refinancing with lenders offering these products.
- Borrower Information Sessions: Seminars at the mortgage brokerage or at larger venues when appropriate will be offered to present topics such as how to obtain the best mortgage rates, what type of mortgage is best for each situation, etc
As [Founder’s Name] understands, the key to a successful mortgage brokerage is building referrals and a long-term reputation as a trustworthy agent in the community. [Founder’s Name] will continue to reach out to past clients in future years to answer questions and to continue to develop a relationship.