I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], is an e-commerce company that owns a shop under the Etsy platform. The Company retails high-quality handmade and vintage items, as well as craft supplies. The Company aims to become one of the highest-selling shops on the Etsy platform in the United States.
[Company Name] will provide the following products:
- Home Décor
[Company Name] will serve individuals who shop online. The Company will primarily offer its products to:
- Millennial Women
- Gen X Women
- Gen Z Women
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name], who has been crafting jewelry and décor for over [xx] years. While [Founder] has never sold her products on an ecommerce platform, she has a loyal and rapidly growing following. She will have the help and support of her business partner, [Insert Name], who will handle the marketing and admin tasks for the company.
[Company Name] is qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There has been significant growth in general demand for unique, handcrafted jewelry and décor over the past few years. In addition, [Founder’s name] is a maker with some notoriety, and her clients have provided highly positive feedback pointing towards a national demand for her products.
- The management team has a track record of success in the e-commerce business.
- Easy access to the internet will be a major success factor for the company.
- The e-commerce business is a proven, successful business in the United States.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $200,000 to launch its shop on the Etsy platform. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Professional photography and listing service: $10,000
- Working capital: $190,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, equipment and supplies until [Company Name] reaches break-even.
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|