I. Executive Summary
You can download the Coffee Shop business plan template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located at [insert location here] is a new, hip coffee shop focusing on providing a variety of high-quality coffee drinks and teas, locally-made pastries, and snacks. Our product line fits nicely for those who seek a snack and drink to take to go or to sit in our seating area.
[Company Name] will offer a wide range of coffees and coffee drinks, teas, and a selection of food items. A small seating area will allow social meetings within the coffee shop. Several products on the menu will be highlighted as being our specialties, using recipes developed by the coffee shop’s founders..
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents who live within a 2 mile radius of our coffee shop and workers within a quarter mile radius. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 27,827 residents
- 1,750 workers (who do not live the neighborhood)
- Average income of $54,700
- 38.9% married
- 49.6% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 34 years
[Company Name]is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the food service business for 20 years. While [Founder] has never run a coffee shop himself, he has waited at area restaurants for 5 years, been a cook for 5 years, and taught cooking classes at the local culinary institute for 5 years. As such [Founder] has an in-depth knowledge of the food service business including the operations side (e.g., running day-to-day operations) and the business management side (e.g., staffing, marketing, etc.).
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There is currently no hip coffee shop targeting the younger demographic in the community we are entering. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to frequent our business when launched.
- Our location is in a high-volume area with little direct traffic, and will thus be highly convenient to significant numbers of passersby each day.
- The management team has a track record of success in the restaurant business.
- The coffee shop business is a proven business and has succeeded in communities throughout the United States.
- Market trends such as the growth in coffee as an American drink spearheaded by Starbucks support our business opportunity.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $360,000 to launch. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Coffee shop design/build: $180,000
- Working capital: $180,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and land costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even.