I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located in [Location], is a new career coaching business that provides services that help clients achieve their professional goals, improve their performance, and increase their productivity and efficiency. The company’s mission is to help each and every client with their career goals and help them become the best version of themselves in their place of work. We aim to become one of the leading career coach companies in the area by providing support, empathy, and guidance to each of our clients.
[Company Name] is founded by [Founder’s Name], who has been a mentor and career coach informally for several years. His coaching experience began when he was a manager providing guidance to his employees. Over time, he found himself providing insight and support to many colleagues in his company and decided to start his own business where he can dedicate all his energy to helping other professionals.
[Company Name] provides career coaching services to help clients achieve their professional goals and become the best version of themselves in their place of work. Some of the services we provide include guidance about career direction, interview practice, and helping with job searches.
[Company Name] will primarily serve individuals, entrepreneurs, business executives, and students that live in the [Location] area. The demographics of the area is as follows.
- 91,000 residents
- Median age: 38 years
- 52% college educated
- 45% in management/professional careers
[Company Name] is founded by [Founder’s Name], who has been a mentor and career coach informally for several years. His coaching expertise began when he was a manager providing guidance to his employees. As time went on, he found himself being an informal career coach to several employees, colleagues, and other professionals in his network. He found this work far more enjoyable than his job, so he decided to start a career coaching business so he could focus all his energy on helping others in their career.
[Company Name] is qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There has been significant growth in the career coach industry over the past few years. In addition, we surveyed the local population and received highly positive feedback pointing towards an explicit demand for the services, supporting the business after launch.
- The management team has a track record of success in the career coaching business.
- [Founder’s Name] has lived in [Location] all of his life and has raised his family in the same community as the target market. He has many connections with businesses, government officials, and local organizations.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $60,000 to launch its career coaching company. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Office location build-out and startup costs (training and certifications, website development, etc.): $35,000
- Working capital: $25,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|