I. Executive Summary
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located at [insert location here] is a brand new, state-of-the-art wellness center focusing on providing services the aim to improve both physical and mental wellbeing to customers in the surrounding community. Our product and service lines fit nicely with the aspirational tastes and preferences of the local area – young, middle class suburbanites want quality wellness services, but do not want to pay luxury prices for it.
Products and Services
[Company Name] will provide wellness services for all ages and both genders. Services will include therapies such as massage, energy work, and bodywork, as well as services that promote general wellbeing, such as yoga, meditation, and nutrition programs. Other special treatments – such as acupuncture – will be available, and the team will continuously expand and improve on the menu of services.
In addition to providing these services, [Company name] will also be a retailer of natural, organic skin care products and dietary supplements. Customers will find products at [Company name] that they will not find in health and beauty stores.
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents within a 10 mile radius of our location. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 27,827 residents
- Average income of $74,700
- 58.9% with higher education
- 49.6% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 35 years
This bodes well for [Company Name], as the prime demographic for wellness centers is educated individuals between the ages of 18 and 34. In addition, there is growing demand from Generation X for services that promote wellbeing. Individuals of all ages will be sure to patronize [Company Name] for both one-off and routine wellness services.
[Company Name]is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been a naturopath for 20 years. While [Founder] has never run a wellness center herself, she has been in private practice since age 30. As such [Founder] has an in-depth knowledge of the wellness industry, including the operations side (e.g., running day-to-day operations) and the business management side (e.g., staffing, marketing, etc.).
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- The Company will fill a specific market niche in the growing community we are entering. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to frequent our business when it is launched.
- Our location is in a high-volume area with easy access from multiple residential and commercial district zones.
- The management team has a track record of success in the wellness industry.
- Wellness centers are a proven business and have succeeded in communities throughout the United States.
- Local competitors leave a large gap in the wellness market—there are providers offering individual services (massage services or yoga classes only), and a luxury spa with high-priced aesthetic services and wellness retreats, but nothing in between.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $700,000 to launch. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Facility design/build: $50,000
- Wellness center equipment purchases: $150,000
- Working capital: $500,000 to pay for Marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Topline projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|