I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a start-up T-shirt company that sells cool, trendy and artsy t-shirts for men and women, as well as children. [Company Name] provides a variety of shirts styles and designs, each made to order. They have a huge library of over 60,000 logos, graphics and designs for customers to choose from. They can also make any item with custom artwork provided by the client.
Below is [Company Name]’s initial product list:
- Kids t-shirts
- Women’s t-shirts
- Men’s t-shirts
- Tank tops
The store will feature a rotating display of specific artist designs in our front window and front area of our store, along with information about the “story” of that designer.
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents who live within a 10 mile radius of our store. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 25,800 residents
- 3,000 workers (who do not live the neighborhood)
- Average income of $56,500
- 33% married
- 31.5% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 32 years
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the clothing business for 10 years. He was director of operations at a well-known clothing company in [location]. As such [Founder] has an in-depth knowledge of the business including:
- Management and operations
- Clothing design basics
- T-shirt marketing
- Hiring and training workers
[Founder] graduated with a degree in business management at [University Name] and also took courses in fashion design at [School Name].
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed for the following reasons:
- There is currently no clothing brand devoted to local manufacturing in the community we are entering. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to frequent our business when launched, both from customers and from suppliers.
- Our location is in a high-volume area with little direct traffic, and will thus be highly convenient to significant numbers of passersby each day.
- The management team has a track record of success in the clothing business.
- The T-shirt business is a proven business and has succeeded in communities throughout the United States.
- Market trends such as graphic tees support our business opportunity.
[Company Name] is seeking a total funding of $200,000 to launch its store. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures, marketing expenses and working capital.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: approximately $100,000
- Working capital: approximately $100,000 to pay for Marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next three years are as follows:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Income Tax Expense||$13,344||$19,409||$52,349||$83,334||$114,128|