I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our T-Shirt Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a start-up T-shirt company that sells cool, trendy and artsy t-shirts for men and women, as well as children. [Company Name] provides a variety of shirts styles and designs, each made to order. They can also make any item with custom artwork provided by the client.
Below is [Company Name]’s initial product list:
- Kids t-shirts
- Women’s t-shirts
- Men’s t-shirts
- Tank tops
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents who live within a 10 mile radius of our location and many others through our website and via other online retailers. The demographics of local customers are as follows:
- 65,800 residents
- 3,000 workers (who do not live the neighborhood)
- Average income of $56,500
- 33% married
- 31.5% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 32 years
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the clothing business for 10 years. He was director of operations at a well-known clothing company in [location]. As such [Founder] has an in-depth knowledge of the business including:
- Management and operations
- Clothing design basics
- T-shirt marketing
- Hiring and training workers
[Founder] graduated with a degree in business management at [University Name] and also took courses in fashion design at [School Name].
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed for the following reasons:
- There is currently no clothing brand devoted to local manufacturing in the community we are entering. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to frequent our business when launched, both from customers and from suppliers.
- The T-shirt business is a proven business and has succeeded in communities throughout the United States.
- Market trends such as the growth of the graphic t-shirt market support our business opportunity.
[Company Name] is seeking a total funding of $120,000 to launch its store.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Office/Workspace Design & Build-out: $55,000
- Equipment: $35,000
- Working capital: $30,000 to pay for supplies, marketing salaries and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even.
Top line projections over the next three years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|