II. Company Overview
This Section's Contents
You can download our Transitional Housing Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Who is [Company Name]?
[Company Name], located at [insert location here] is a new transitional housing organization specializing in providing or assisting with finding housing for low-income individuals and families. The company will operate a mix of single-family and multi-family housing units for rent, conveniently located near the city center, in safe and respectable neighborhoods. [Company Name] is headed by [Founder’s Name], a graduate of XYZ University with 20 years of experience working in the human services sector.
While [Founder’s Name] has been advocating for affordable housing for some time, it was in [month, year] that he decided to launch [Company Name] in [City]. Specifically, during this time, [Founder] met with a former friend who has had tremendous success operating a transitional housing organization in Fort Lauderdale, FL. After discussing the business at length, [Founder’s Name] clearly understood that a similar business would enjoy significant success in his hometown.
Specifically, the housing market, customer demographics, and competitive situations in the Fort Lauderdale location and in his hometown were so similar that he knew the business would work. After surveying the local population, [Founder’s name] went ahead and founded [Company Name].
[Company Name]’s History
Upon returning from Fort Lauderdale, surveying the local customer base, and finding a potential office, [Founder’s Name] incorporated [Company Name] as Nonprofit on [date of incorporation].
The business is currently being run out of [Founder’s Name] home office, but once the lease on [Company Name]’s office location is finalized, all operations will be run from there.
Since incorporation, the Company has achieved the following milestones:
- Found office space and signed Letter of Intent to lease it
- Developed the company’s name, logo and website located at [website]
- Determined equipment and fixture requirements
- Began recruiting key employees
[Company Name]’s Products & Services
[Founder’s Name] will offer the following services:
- Website: By listing rental and for sale condominiums, apartments, and homes on its own website – including both its own properties and other affordable housing, [Company Name] will develop a resource which is known in the local area as a go-to site for the most comprehensive transitional housing listings.
- Acquiring and/or Building Affordable Housing: [Company Name] will create affordable housing in the community by either purchasing and rehabbing existing homes and properties, or by building affordable housing.
- Finding Rentals: [Company Name] will match clients seeking rental apartments with apartments meeting their specifications as closely as possible.
- Homeowner Information Sessions: Seminars at the transitional housing office or at larger venues when appropriate will be offered to present topics such as how to save toward a home purchase, how to find affordable housing, and what to look for during a showing, etc
As [Founder’s Name] understands, the key to a successful transitional housing business is building referrals and a long-term reputation as a trustworthy agency in the community. [Founder’s Name] will continue to reach out to past clients in future years to answer questions and to continue to develop a relationship.