I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located in [insert location here], is a local newly established thrift store. The store will retail gently used clothing, books, baby items, furniture, and appliances at a discounted price. [Company Name] will commit to donating 20% of its proceeds to local charities and non–profit organizations focused on homelessness and transitional living centers.
[Company name] was founded by [Founder’s Name], a local advocate for charities that deal with homelessness and transitional living centers. [Founder] received his Master of Public Administration six years ago and has spent the last five years working as a director for a local non-profit organization. [Founder’s Name] possesses an entrepreneurial spirit as well and has decided to launch a thrift store where people can donate their gently used items for it to be resold to the public.
[Company Name] will sell a variety of gently used items. The products include gently used apparel (clothing, shoes, accessories), furniture, household appliances, books, and baby items (cribs, blankets, strollers, highchairs, etc.)
Pricing for all items will vary depending on the product and condition.
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents within a 1 to 25-mile radius of our location. The demographics of these residents are as follows:
- 1,653,829 residents
- Average income of $36,500
- 51.85% married
- 30% low income residents
- Median age: 38 years
[Company name] will be owned and operated by [Founder’s Name], a local advocate for charities that deal with homelessness and transitional living centers. [Founder]’s passion is to assist the less fortunate in the community and have assisted numerous individuals and families be placed in affordable housing. Once they receive housing, many of the residents are not able to afford basic living necessities. [Founder]’s mission is to provide a friendly and affordable store where people from all walks of life can shop for clothing, furniture, and appliances.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- The company will be donating a large percentage of its proceeds to local charities and non-profit organizations that assist homeless people and those in transitional living centers.
- The company will provide a wide selection of gently used items.
- The thrift store will be located in a highly trafficked intersection of town.
- The pricing model is structured to be affordable to people from all walks of life.
[Company Name] is seeking a total funding of $50,000 of debt capital to open the thrift store.
- Store design/build-out: $20,000
- Equipment, Point of Sale system, technology: $10,000
- Brand development and marketing: $5,000
- Working capital: $15,000 to fund payroll, taxes, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|