I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a tattoo shop in [insert location here] that focuses on providing high-quality tattoo services to the surrounding community. The Company offers world-class, custom tattoos in a relaxed, friendly, and safe environment. The Company strives to ensure that its customers get the tattoo they want, whether in greyscale or colored, traditional or new school, cartoons or photo-realism, cover-ups or reworks.
The Company will provide the following services to its customers:
- Designing customized tattoos
- Predesigning tattoos
- Maintenance and aftercare tattoo services
- Administering permanent makeup tattoos
- Laser tattoo removal services
- Other related consulting and advisory services
[Company Name] will primarily offer its service to the residents living within a 5-mile radius of the business location. The demographics of the customers are as given below:
- Female residents: 27,394
- Male residents: 16,345
- Average Income: $45,800
- Median Age: 30 years
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s name], who has been in the tattoo industry for [x] years. During his apprenticeship in the tattoo industry, he acquired an in-depth knowledge of tattoo designing and is well aware of all health regulations related to this precarious work. Additionally, he worked in a tattoo shop alongside a professional tattooist, learning how to manage and run a tattoo business before starting [Company name].
[Company Name] is qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There is currently a high demand for tattoo services in the community. In addition, the company surveyed the local population and received highly positive feedback pointing towards an explicit demand for the products, supporting the business after launch.
- The Company’s location is in a high-volume traffic area and will thus be highly convenient for a significant number of youngsters visiting nearby.
- The management team has a track record of success in the tattoo business.
- The upscale tattoo business is a proven business and has succeeded in communities throughout the United States.
- Market trends such as being worn by public figures like celebrities, athletes, and people within the fashion industry reflect that tattoos have become more and more popular.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $370,000 to launch its tattoo shop. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: $250,000
- Working capital: $120,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
The following graph outlines the pro forma financial projections for [Company Name] over the next five years:
|Financial Summary||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Income Tax Expense||$196,597||$432,401||$620,843||$802,935||$995,392|
|Net Profit Margin||38%||43%||42%||43%||43%|